We are having a Volunteer Night for people who are interested in what we do and how they might get involved.
Come for a cuppa and a chat:
Thursday 15 November 2018 7.00pm.
Please contact Connie on 07919 884273 or 01603 405328 for venue and more information
Young Carers Worker
16 hours per week
Hourly rate: Negotiable, subject to qualifications and experience, from National Living Wage (£7.83 age 25+) / National Minimum Wage (£7.38 age 21-24) up to a maximum of £10.50.
For Job Description and Person Specification, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connects is a small charity supporting Young Carers in the Norwich and Dereham areas, with an office base in Catton Grove. An opportunity has arisen to take on a fourth worker on a part time basis (maximum of 16 hours per week).
Applicants must be at least 21 and have:
- General education to GCSE standard, including English and Maths grade C / grade 5 or above and
- NVQ Level 2 in Youth Work or relevant equivalent; applicants not yet possessing a qualification at this level but willing and eligible to undertake the next available training course will be considered.
Other relevant but higher vocational / professional qualifications welcomed.
A full driving licence and use of a car are essential.
Management will be provided by the Project Manager and supervision by her or the Chair of trustees, as appropriate.
Applications should be in the form of a typed CV (curriculum vitae) setting out:
- the applicant’s education, training and employment to date, with qualifications;
- their interest in working with Young Carers and motivation for applying;
- a self assessment of the applicant’s character, temperament and interests;
- full address, with post code, contact telephone number and email address.
The application must be signed and dated.
Two references must be provided. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory DBS (safeguarding) check.
The closing date for applications is 1st November 2018. Applications should be sent in a securely sealed envelope marked ‘confidential’ to The Chair of trustees – Connects & Co Executive Committee, PO Box 3346, Norwich NR7 7GJ.
Connects & Co. are proud to announce the launch of the YAC Parents Group for young adults who have a caring role for a family member but are also parents themselves of babies / young children. The groups first meeting was held on 13th January 2017 and is the only group of its kind in the Country!
Meeting monthly on Wednesdays from 12.30- 2.30pm
Held at Catton Grove Community Centre
Contact Connects & Co office for more info and further dates – (01603) 405328.
We can offer crèche / child care!
Come and have a Cuppa and a Chat!
Will have treats such as :
• Massage therapies
• Hair n nail sessions
• Advice n guidance – directed by the needs of the group
• Food / tasty treats
• Social outings
Connects and Co YAC Parents Group